Self-Compassion for Children and Caregivers Curriculum Study, Live-Online Sessions, & Mentorship Sessions
Please watch this video about the SCCC curriculum study website and live-online training sessions.
Self-Compassion for Children (and Caregivers) teacher training components
There are six steps on the path to becoming a trained Self-Compassion for Children and Caregivers teacher.
STEPS 1-3 prerequisite adult trainings (Completed :)
- Step 1: The adult Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC training)
- Step 2: Foundations of Mindfulness and Self-Compassion class entitled The Path to Resilience foundations
- Step 3: Cultivating Self-Compassion in Our Children and Ourselves (Compassionate Presence Training)
STEPS 4-6 Curriculum training, practice teaching, and mentorship sessions ($795)
After receiving certificates of completion for steps 1-3, you are able to enroll in the curriculum study and live-online training.
- Step 4: Asynchronous study of the Self-Compassion for Children and Caregivers Training (and/or Self-Compassion for Kids Mini Lessons). This component begins one month before the live-online curriculum training sessions begin.
- Teacher guide for teaching a six-session Self-Compassion for Children (and Caregivers) class
- Videos of Jamie Lynn teaching the six-session Self-Compassion for Children (and Caregivers) classes
- E-book with 30+ Self-Compassion for Kids mini lessons (5 - 15 minutes each)
- Step 5: 3 two hour live-online teacher training sessions with other Self-Compassion for Children (and Caregivers) teachers in training (see live-online training dates below)
- Step 6: Follow up support including three live-online SCCC mentoring sessions to be completed when you teach the Self-Compassion for Children (and Caregivers) curriculum the first time.
Instructor: Jamie Lynn Tatera is a Certified Mindful Self-Compassion instructor, a Mindful Self-Compassion for Teens instructor, a mindfulness and self-compassion for kids and families educator, a mindful yoga instructor, and a former elementary school teacher.
FEBRUARY LIVE-ONLINE teacher training dates (July 2022)
July 7, 14, and 21 from 1-3pm CT/ 2-4pm ET/ 11am-1pm PT
"This curriculum is extremely user friendly for the teacher and is wonderfully designed for kids and parents to understand and connect with the content." -Linnette Bixby